Monday 18 May 2009

Cooking Cabage: Part 2

(see previous post for part 1)

As I watched the pearl hatch, my imagination went wild. Clearly this was no ordinary egg, and it wasn't likely to hatch an ordinary bird or reptile. Perhaps I was about to see a dragon or a fairy. Maybe even a demon or an angel. This might be even better than a pearl.

The edges of the crack reached around the pearl and joined. The two halves fell down. And there stood a tiny penguin.

Well, I say a penguin. Certainly it was penguin-shaped, But instead of the usual black and white marking like a tuxedo, this one wore a Hawaiian shirt, mostly electric blue and fuchsia.

I stared, with my mouth open.

The penguin put the tip of his wing to his beak and wiggled it at me while he blew a long, loud raspberry.

Then he flew out of the window. That's right. He flew.

And I didn't even have time to grab my camera. Just my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment